единый номер + 7 (343) 290-90-26
The Ekaterinburg Museum of Fine Arts is the largest art museum in the Urals. The Museum was founded in 1936, but its collection dates back to the last quarter of the 19th century and is connected with the activity of Ural Natural History Society. Ural Natural History Society immensely helped to enlarge the collection of Sverdlovsk Regional Museum of Local Lore. Its art department was later transformed into
During World War II treasures of the
The Museum research activity flourished after Boris Vasilievich Pavlovsky’s appointment. The Kasli Iron Pavilion was restored and reopened in 1958 due to his involvement. During 1960s-80s a number of landmark projects were launched by the museum staff including one of the first in
By the mid-80s museum holdings had expanded so much that a demand for more room to store and display works of art arose. For this reason a part of the collection was transferred to the renovated building of the former hospital which had belonged to Ekaterinburg ironworks (
In 2005 the Virtual Branch of the
In 2008 the Regional Centre of Museum Pedagogics and Youth’s Creative Development was set up in cooperation with the Russian Centre of Museum Pedagogics and Children’s Creativity (the subdivision of the
The largest Ural art project – International Mezzotint Festival – has taken place at the Museum since 2011. Artists from more than 40 countries come to Ekaterinburg every two years.
In September 2014 Mikhail Piotrovsky, the Director of the Hermitage Museum, Yevgeny Kuivashev, the Governor of the Sverdlovsk Region, and Alexander Yakob, the Head of the Ekaterinburg Administration, signed an agreement on founding of the cultural and educational centre ‘Hermitage-Ural’.
Nowadays Ekaterinburg Museum of Fine Arts is a large-scale cultural and collecting centre. It is also a place of exhibitions, research, and education.